The Fellows mission is to enhance and advance the academic experience and careers of the IRC students. The Fellows are grouped in three categories: Morea, Professorial, and Community fellow.
Internationally recognized administrators and leaders who support the IRC and are willing to interact with residents.
- Rita Dove, Commonwealth Professor, Creative Writing Program
- Stephen Mull, Vice Provost for Global Affairs
- Larry Sabato, Director of the UVA Center of Politics
- Ian Solomon, Dean of the Frank Batten School of Leadership and Public Policy
- Teresa Sullivan, Professor of Sociology, former President of the University of Virginia
- Jennifer West, Dean University of Virginia School of Engineering and Applied Science
- Brantly Womack, Professor of Politics
Honored UVA Professors who engage with IRC students throughout the year.
- Dorothe Bach, Associate Director & Professor, General Faculty, Center for Teaching Excellence
- Silvia Blemker, Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Brad Brown, Associate Professor of Commerce and Founding Fellow
- Jack Chen, Professor of Chinese Literature
- Jenny Chiu, Associate Professor, Curry School of Education
- David Edmunds, Associate Director, Global Development Studies
- Tom Horton, Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science
- Sanda Iliescu, Associate Professor, Art and Architecture
- Manuel Lerdau, Professor of Environmental Sciences
- Eric Loth, Rolls Royce Professor of Engineering
- Garrick Louis, Associate Professor, Department of Systems and Information Engineering
- Stephen Parks, Associate Professor, Faculty Fellow, Middle East/South Asian Track, Global Studies Program
- Sandy Seidel, Association Dean,College of Arts and Sciences & Associate Professor of Biology
- Sheetal Sekhri, Professor, Department of Economics
- Mark Thomas, Professor of History and Economics
Distinguished Leaders of the university and local area who create and design academic events for IRC students each year.
- Christina Ball, Founder/Director Speak! Language Center
- Marty Collin, Instructor of mandolin, banjo and guitar
- Chris Elliot, Assistant Dean, Global Affairs; Director Center for Global Commerce
- Melissa Goldman, Fabrication Facilities Manager, School of Architecture
- Dreama Montrief Johnson, Associate Director, University of Virginia Career Center
- Teri Strother Kent, Director of Communicatios, Community Climate Collaborative
- Harriet Kuhr, Executive Director, International Rescue Committee
- Marga Odahowski, Speaker, Author, Lifestyle Strategist and former IRC Director of Studies
- Sherry Olander, LMT, Licensed DEI Trainer & Consultant
- Maureen Oswald - Volunteer Coordinator - UVa Hospital
- Karen Painter, CAPS Care Manager
- Hannah Pede, Career Counselor for Science & Technology, UVA Career Center
- Jannatul Pramanik, MPH, Program Coordinator, Multicultural Student Services
- Margo Smith, Director & Curator of the Kluge-Ruhe Aboriginal Art Museum
- Kala Somerville, Executive Director, Computers4kids
- Cherry Stewart- Charlottesville Schools
- Yuri Urbanovich, Lecturer in BIS Program, School of Continuing and Professional Studies
- DeVon Wade, Program Coordinator, Student Engagement
Interested in Becoming a Fellow?
All of our fellows share one thing in common: they love engaging with students (frequently over food!). An ideal fellow enjoys forming reciprocal connections with students, where both fellows and students share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives with each other. Interested in becoming a fellow? Contact Jill Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org).