The Fellows mission is to enhance and advance the academic experience and careers of the IRC students. The Fellows are grouped in three categories: Morea, Professorial, and Community fellow.
Internationally recognized administrators and leaders who support the IRC and are willing to interact with residents.
- Dr. Rosa Atkins, Superintendent Charlottesville City Schools
- Ian Baucom, UVA Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences
- Rita Dove, Commonwealth Professor, Creative Writing Program
- Patricia Lampkin, UVA Vice President & Chief Student Affairs Officer
- Stephen Mull, Vice Provost for Global Affairs
- Larry Sabato, Director of the UVA Center of Politics
- Ian Solomon, Dean of the Frank Batten School of Leadership and Public Policy
- Brantly Womack, Professor of Politics
- Carl Zeithaml, Dean of McIntire School of Commerce
Honored UVA Professors willing to mentor a small set of IRC students (2nd or 3rd years, as coordinated by the Director of Studies) with informal meetings each semester.
- Dorothe Bach, Associate Director & Professor, General Faculty, Center for Teaching Excellence
- Silvia Blemker, Associate Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Brad Brown, Associate Professor of Commerce and Founding Fellow
- Jack Chen, Associate Professor of Chinese Literature
- Jenny Chiu, Associate Professor, Curry School of Education
- David Edmunds, Track Director, Global Development Studies
- Carmenita Higginbotham, Associate Professor American Art and Culture
- Tom Horton, Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science
- Manuel Lerdau, Professor of Environmental Sciences
- Eric Loth, Rolls Royce Professor of Engineering
- Garrick Louis, Associate Professor, Department of Systems and Information Engineering
- Jonah Schulhofer-Wohl, Department of Politics
- Sandy Seidel, Association Dean in the Undergraduate Advising Office in the College of Arts and Sciences
- Sheetal Sekhri, Assistant Professor, Department of Economics
- Mark Thomas, Professor of History and Economics
Distinguished Leaders of the university and local area who create and design academic events for IRC students each year.
- Michelle Ball, Assistant Director, University of Virginia Career Services
- Christina Ball, Founder/Director Speak! Language Center
- Cecil Banks, Associate Director of Major Events
- Chris Elliot, Assistant Dean, Global Affirs; Director Center for Global Commerce
- Melissa Goldman, Fabrication Facilities Manager, School of Architecture
- Dreama Montrief Johnson, Associate Director, University of Virginia Career Center
- Harriet Kuhr, Executive Director, International Rescue Committee
- Emily Morrison, Executive Director, The Front Porch
- Marga Odahowski, Speaker, Author, Lifestyle Strategist and former IRC Director of Studies
- Sherry Olander, LMT, Licensed DEI Trainer & Consultant
- Maureen Oswald - Volunteer Coordinator - UVa Hospital
- Karen Painter, CAPS Care Manager
- Jannatul Pramanik, MPH, Program Coordinator, Multicultural Student Services
- Margo Smith, Director & Curator of the Kluge-Ruhe Aboriginal Art Museum
- Kala Sommerville, Executive Director, Computers4kids
- Cherry Stewart- Charlottesville Schools
- Yuri Urbanovich, Lecturer in BIS Program, School of Continuing and Professional Studies
Interested in Becomming a Fellow?
All of our fellows share one thing in common: they love engaging with students (frequently over a food!). An ideal fellow enjoys forming reciprocal connections with students, where both fellows and students share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives with each other. Interested in becoming a fellow? Contact Jill Jones (email@example.com).