Morea House was originally a 106 square acre farm for John Patten Emmet, the first professor of Natural History at the University, who was personally appointed by Thomas Jefferson. Morea House includes Morea Arboretum at the west end of its grounds. The house was built in 1835 and is part of the National Register of Historic Places. It is one of the oldest active residences on Grounds and is divided into two sections: Big Morea and Little Morea. The Principal of the IRC Reid Bailey and his family live in Big Morea. The Director of Studies, Phoebe Crisman and her family, reside in Little Morea.